Monday, March 23, 2015

42

42 was a great film that was honestly very inspiring to me. The image of Jackie Robinson was such an image of a hero, and they showed him as such a great man in this movie. There were so many people doubting him, and such a mindset to stop him, but he still succeeded. He was good, too! I really liked the way they showed the owner of the Dodgers. He was probably my favorite character in the movie although Jackie was a close second. The racism showed in this film was very shocking to me and weird to think that at one point, baseball was actually like that. This movie was very inspiring and interesting, one of my favorites from the class.

I do think that Jackie Robinson helped this country a lot. He humbled a lot of people and brought a more tolerant mindset to baseball. He also helped America by being a role model for behavior and showed that he wouldn't fight even if someone provoked him. He taught lessons like being brave and knowing how to beat someone without fighting back. I agree with Jackie's quote. I think that a lot of human life has to do with the impact and interaction you have with other humans, and if you give everyone you meet a positive thing to take with them in life, then you lived a good life.

I could use all of Jackie's values in my life. I could use courage, determination, and commitment to get the things I want in life. When working with others, I can always use teamwork and integrity. All of Jackie's values can do countless things for you in life.

1 comment:

Burk said...

You could use them, and yes they would help guide you, but do/will you? I think I already know the answer, but as with many other things like this, it is easier said than done. The truth shall always set you free, especially when you're looking in the mirror.