Monday, February 16, 2015

Braveheart

The film Braveheart was very unique and unlike any other movie I had ever seen before. As we were warned before, it did drag on a lot at the beginning. Other than that, I have only positive things to say about the film. I really liked the battle scenes and very much enjoyed the passion I could see in William Wallace. He captured me emotionally and I could feel why people would fight for him. I felt the comradery between all the people and grew to hate the English throughout the film. I also thought the Prince was a very interesting character, but did not really understand his role in the film. The king was my least favorite character by far. The ending of the film was very moving to me. I did not like the punishment of William Wallace, but it really got the point across of his heroism and passion for his cause.

Wallace was implying that the men were not really living if they were under English control. He thought the people should all share his desire to be free from the English. He thought the Scottish should have their own freedom and own country. Their lives meant nothing if they were not free, and William Wallace urged them to live by changing it. This could be applied to my own life by saying that I need to make the most of life every day otherwise I am not truly living. I need to be creating happiness for myself and others every day before my final hour comes.




1 comment:

Burk said...

The older I get the more it makes sense. Nice post Evan!